- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
In addition to Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
- Listings content. When you place a listing or a review on our App. The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, BuddyBid has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your listing. You can always edit or deactivate any of your listings.
- Discussions about listings. When you comment on a listing. You can always delete your own comments, but comments from others will be displayed on your listing.
- “Anonymous Information” such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our App that you visit, the search terms that you enter and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site and otherwise improve our service to you.
- Credit card information. Credit card information, including credit card numbers, is collected but not stored. We use trusted third party vendors to handle secure credit card transactions for us. Our vendors use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and are PCI compliant.
When you interact with our Site, for example by making a purchase or subscribing to an email list, we may collect information about you including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
We may share this information with our affiliated companies who are controlled by, who control or who are under common control with BuddyBid.
We may share this information along with a record of any transactions you conduct on our Site or offline with us with a third-party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver you advertising tailored to your interests when you visit certain other websites. Data shared with our third-party partner is made anonymous.